The Dermatology Nurses’ Association along with the Children's Melanoma Prevention Foundation wants to make sure you are "SunAWARE":
- Avoid unprotected exposure to sunlight, seek shade, and never indoor tan.
- Wear sun protective clothing, including a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses year-round.
- Apply recommended amounts of broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) >30 to all exposed skin and reapply every two hours, or as needed.
- Routinely examine your whole body for changes in your skin and report concerns to a parent or healthcare provider.
- Educate your family and community about the need to be SunAWARE.
Download from DNA:
Download lesson plan for “What are These Spots On My Skin”