The Dermatology Nurses’ Association along with the Children's Melanoma Prevention Foundation wants to make sure you are "SunAWARE":
- Avoid unprotected exposure to sunlight, seek shade, and never indoor tan.
- Wear sun protective clothing, including a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses year-round.
- Apply recommended amounts of broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) >30 to all exposed skin and reapply every two hours, or as needed.
- Routinely examine your whole body for changes in your skin and report concerns to a parent or healthcare provider.
- Educate your family and community about the need to be SunAWARE.
The SunAWARE PDF shown here may be downloaded and used in your patient educational efforts and posted in your place of business.
Permission is granted to reprint and distribute. No changes may be made to the original bookmark artwork without the express permission of Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation.
Download from DNA:
Download lesson plan for “What are These Spots On My Skin”