The Dermatology Nurses’ Association is a professional nursing organization comprised of a diverse group of individuals committed to quality care through sharing knowledge and expertise.
To promote excellence in dermatological care.
Core Organizational Values:
- Integrity: Evidenced by transparent decisions, honest actions and ethical behavior consistent with an abiding respect for the dignity and value of individuals.
- Credibility: Evidenced by earned respect for empowering education, excellence in advocacy and quality resources that support growth and development of the individual and the profession.
- Visionary Leadership: Evidenced by innovative programs and services continually focused on advancing the interests and meeting the needs of our patients and profession in a changing world.
- Collaboration: Evidenced by an inclusive culture that appreciates the value of diverse perspectives, the power of common vision, and the satisfaction of equalitarian relationships among peers, mentors and friends.
DNA will be the global authority for knowledge and expertise in dermatology care.
Vivid Description of a Desired Future:
DNA is at the hub of a vibrant global network of dermatology care providers. Health care professionals from around the world access DNA’s knowledge and expertise in dermatology care through a wide variety of high quality educational resources including a premiere journal, international conferences and cutting edge technology. DNA members serve as content experts, educators, and advisors in collaborative health initiatives to assure inclusion of the dermatology nursing perspective. Because DNA is consistently quoted in reputable media, patients and consumers look to DNA for accurate and up-to-date information about skin health and disease prevention measures. DNA’s influence on governments assures that there is equitable access to dermatology care.
NP Society Leadership
The Nurse Practitioner Society of the DNA is a component of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association comprised of nurse practitioners practicing in the dermatology specialty. Read more about the NP Society.
Goal #1: Educational Resources
DNA will be recognized as the leading educator for dermatology care.
- Increase competency and knowledge in dermatology care.
- Expand forums for dissemination and discussion of information.
- Study and disseminate evidence based research.
- Initiate and support original nursing research in dermatology.
Goal #2 – Membership
DNA will be an inclusive organization of interdisciplinary professionals committed to advancing dermatology care.
- Increase recruitment of new members: by 3% year one, 5% year two, and 7% year three Improve retention.
- Improve retention to 100%
- Outreach to promote diversity
Goal #3 – Public Awareness and Advocacy
DNA will be recognized and resourced for their knowledge, expertise, and advocacy in dermatology.
- Increase DNA’s visibility nationally.
- Increase DNA’s visibility globally.
- Support advocacy efforts for health policy and public health awareness.
Goal #4 – Financial Sustainability
DNA will remain financially solvent.
- Increase non-dues revenue by 25% each year.
- Minimize organizational expenses.
- Ensure financial transparency.
- Review financial strategy.
Goal #5 – Governance and Structure
DNA will have an effective, balanced structure and governance.
- Promote leadership succession planning
- Review and evaluate governance structure, implementing change as needed
- Promote leadership competency
Goal #6 – Volunteerism
DNA will foster active participation by its members and community in a volunteer-driven environment.
- Restore volunteer engagement program
- Promote value of volunteerism
Goal #7 – Community
DNA will nurture relationships through communication and collaboration.
- Improve social media outreach
- Effective and timely communication to members
- Seek opportunities for collaboration
- Provide public dermatology education and resources