The Nurse Practitioner Society® of the DNA is a component of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association comprised of 500+ nurse practitioners practicing in dermatology.
Who are we? Read our mission statement
Promote excellence in dermatologic care by providing education, networking and support for nurse practitioners in dermatology.
Role of the Nurse Practitioner in Dermatology:
The Dermatology Nurses’ Association® (DNA) is a professional nursing organization comprised of a diverse group of individuals committed to quality care through sharing knowledge and expertise.
The core purpose of the DNA is to promote excellence in dermatological care.
As a sector of the DNA, the Nurse Practitioner Society® (NPS), shares this common purpose. The NPS supports the nurse practitioner practicing in dermatology by providing evidence-based educational resources, professional networking opportunities, leadership opportunities, and by setting standards of practice in order to provide our patients with quality dermatological care. We accept as true that the dermatology nurse practitioner must demonstrate integrity in actions and behaviors, a steadfast respect for the unique needs of…Read more
Scope of Practice and Standards of Care
The 3rd Edition of Dermatology Nursing Scope of Practice and Standards of Care is the authoritative statement of competent level of nursing practice for both the dermatology registered nurse and advanced practice registered nurse. Scope of Practice defines who the dermatology nurse is along with what we do, when, why, and how we provide nursing care. The Standards of Care delineated accountable dermatology nursing professional responsibilities.
The Nurse Practitioner Society® of the DNA will develop, provide and support educational offerings to increase the competency of NPs caring for the dermatologic patient.
- Provide CE activities at the annual convention and other venues.
- Develop and maintain a Dermatology Nursing Certification review course with online capabilities.
- To continuously support and evaluate the professional development needs of dermatology nurse practitioners and seek to meet those needs as they evolve.
Members of the Nurse Practitioner Society® of the DNA will be recognized and respected as providers with an expertise in dermatology.
- Increase the visibility of NPs in dermatology to other NPs, PAs, physicians, industry and the public.
- Create new partnerships, coalitions and alliances with other nationally respected organizations.
- Encourage members to become dermatology certified.
The Nurse Practitioner Society® of the DNA will be a community of nurse practitioners caring for the dermatologic patient.
- Increase membership through marketing the Society.
- Promote the benefits of membership.
- Provide methods for members’ engagement throughout the year.
The Dermatology NP Coalition has been working since 2016 to improve the integrity of our profession and to reach our ultimate goal of accrediting our DCNP exam through the American Board of Nursing Specialties.
The following links are provided for your convenience revealing the published work of the Dermatology NP Coalition: