Purpose: To support nurse practitioners to take the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination. Multiple grants available.
Criteria: The candidate must:
- Hold a current RN license in the US or its territories/Canada or country approved by C-net.
- Hold a current NP license or state recognition of NP status. If outside the US, approved license by local state or country.
- Have a minimum of 3 years as a Nurse Practitioner in Dermatology with a minimum of 3,000 hours of clinical practice within the past 3 years.
- Have collaborative and/or supervised practice with a board-certified dermatologist with whom you are currently practicing.
- Hold a Master’s degree in nursing. (Applications of nurse practitioners who do not hold a master’s or higher degree in nursing but who are recognized as nurse practitioners by a state board of nursing will be handled on an individual basis.)
- National certification as a nurse practitioner is required and must be maintained.
Submit: The applicant shall submit a completed application.
Award: The recipients will receive payment of the $300 registration fee to take the examination in 2015.
Download the Exam Grant Application (Word)