To fund the continuing nursing education of a DNA member that will enhance his/her ability to contribute to the dermatologic community.
- Be an active DNA Associate member for 2 years.
- Be employed in the specialty of Dermatology.
- Be pursuing a certificate/diploma/degree in nursing – to LPN or RN.
- Be accepted as a student in a certified nursing program.
- Must write an article for FOCUS within one year.
Submission: The candidate will submit:
- Letters of recommendations from nursing professionals, educational faculty, and/or employers – limit of 3.
- A detailed letter stating:
- Professional goals.
- Course of study proposed.
- Time frame for completion of study.
- Funds necessary to meet educational needs.
- Statement of need.
- Documentation of enrollment at a certified school of nursing.
- Documentation of involvement with DNA in past 2 years.
- A completed awards application.
The recipient will be awarded a $1000 educational scholarship to assist in pursuit of a nursing certificate/diploma/degree.