Purpose and Objectives:
To record the minutes of all Board of Directors and business meetings and additional DNA related business as assigned/required.
Requirements and Selection:
- Nurse member of the DNA; DNC or DCNP preferred.
- Ability to phrase concisely, possess proficient keyboarding skills, and have good listening skills.
- Elected by the membership for a term of two years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present to record all minutes and attendance to document a quorum of the Board of Directors and business meetings in conjunction with the Assistant Executive Director and send minutes to the National Office for processing/distribution.
- Ensure that desired method for securing accurate minutes of Board Meetings is available, e.g., lap top.
- Records, monitors, and updates the Board of Directors’ “Action Item List” as reports are submitted by Board members, and reports the updated list at each Board of Directors’ meeting.
- Ensure copies of all minutes and any associated documents are kept at the National Office.
- Submits summary of the Board of Directors’ meetings and reports of Board activity to FOCUS and the Web site.
- Ensure all official correspondence requested by the Board and approved by the President are sent to the National Office for typing and distribution.
- Maintain records in preparation for transfer at the Post Convention Board meeting.
- Reviews one-half of the policies and procedures each year to ensure that they accurately reflect current and expected practices.
- Reviews all proposed changes to policies, procedures, and role descriptions to assure they are written in proper format and in accordance with DNA Bylaws. Presents same to the Board of Directors for review and approval.
- With input of involved members, develops new policies, procedures, and role descriptions, assuring they accurately reflect current and expected practices and are written in proper format and in accordance with DNA Bylaws. Presents same to the Board of Directors for review and approval.
- Collects and organizes suggestions for changes to the Bylaws from officers, Committee and Task Force members, and the general membership.
- Submits the proposed revisions to the general membership according to the Bylaws.
Responsibilities of the Management Firm:
- Takes notes at all meetings and conferences calls of the Board of Directors and provides these to the Secretary for use in preparing the official minutes of these meetings.
- Distributes Board of Directors and other meetings’ Minutes appropriately.
- Maintains copies of all official records and documents at the National Office.