Purpose and Objectives:
Serve as the chief elected officer for the association to continually promote the philosophy, purpose, and objectives of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association. Serve as representative and spokesperson for the organization.
Requirements and Selection:
- Nurse member of DNA; DNC or DCNP preferred.
- Demonstrate qualities of professionalism and commitment to furthering the mission of DNA.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Automatic ascendancy to position once elected by the membership to serve a three-year term as president elect, president, and immediate past president.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and submit by deadline, President’s Messages to the DNA Newsletter.
- Ensure the official journal has writers assigned to each issue for the President’s/Board Column.
- Deliver President’s Address at the Annual Convention. Deliver goals for the presidential year at the Corporate Member Luncheon during Annual Convention.
- Preside at Post Convention Board Meeting and all subsequent Board meetings during the term as president.
- Develop an agenda for Board and Annual Business meetings utilizing the previous minutes, new business from the Board of Directors, committee/task force chairpersons, and management team.
- Using DNA’s Strategic Plan, establish key events by the Post Convention Board meeting.
- Decide meeting dates for the coming year in conjunction with the newly elected Board and the management team. Communicate dates and associated communication deadlines to the Board and committee/task force chairpersons.
- Establish and clarify lines of communication for the coming year. Each committee/task force will be assigned a Board liaison
- Keep informed by use of routine communication on the progress of committee and special projects.
- Oversee the management services supplied by Association Headquarters, Inc. and remain informed of the current status of staff resources needed and requested.
- Be present at the following events:
- Board of Director Meetings
- Annual Convention
- Own local chapter meetings (if applicable)
- Other travel as determined necessary and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Past Presidents of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association (DNA) are eligible to seek nomination and election by the general membership to the Board of Directors for any office (Secretary, Treasurer, Director) except for President-Elect or President once they have been off of the Board for at least two (2) years following their serving in the Immediate Past President position. The only exception would be that they are not allowed to run for office if there is already a Past President serving on the Board in this capacity.
- Past Presidents may be called upon by the current President to serve in an interim capacity if a vacancy occurs on the Board of Directors.
- Past Presidents will be responsible for contributing to the whole good of the Association, such as identifying new leaders, mentoring, lecturing, contributing articles to current DNA publications, and serving on Committees and Task Forces.