Purpose and Objectives:
Provide experienced input to the Board of Directors. Serve as a resource to the Board of Directors
Requirements and Selection:
- Nurse member of DNA; DNC or DCNP preferred.
- Automatic ascendancy to position once elected by the membership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the Board of Directors in an advisory position with voting privileges.
- Serve as Board Liaison to assigned DNA representatives/committees and provide feedback to the Board.
- Serve as Chairperson of assigned committee(s) and provide written board reports and additional feedback as required.
- Attend the following meetings:
- All Board of Directors meetings
- National Convention
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned.
- Past Presidents of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association (DNA) are eligible to seek nomination and election by the general membership to the Board of Directors for any office (Secretary, Treasurer, Director) except for President-Elect or President once they have been off of the Board for at least two (2) years following their serving in the Immediate Past President position. The only exception would be that they are not allowed to run for office if there is already a Past President serving on the Board in this capacity.
- Past Presidents may be called upon by the current President to serve in an interim capacity if a vacancy occurs on the Board of Directors.
- Past Presidents will be responsible for contributing to the whole good of the Association such as identifying new leaders, health mentoring, lecturing, contributing articles to current DNA publications, and serving on Committees and Task Forces.