IL Indoor Tanning Coalition Update
IL Indoor Tanning Coalition Update:
On March 21st, the IL House passed HB188 by a vote of 67 to 49!
The IL Tanning Coalition has been actively working to see that IL becomes the 3rd state to pass a law that prevents children from using tanning facilities.
Member groups include:
- American Cancer Society-Cancer Action Network
- Skin of Steel
- American Society for Dermatological Surgery
- AIM at Melanoma
- Illinois Dermatological Society
- American Academy of Dermatology Association
- Dermatology Nurses Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Dermatology PAs
In addition to communicating with legislators, the members groups have been networking with colleagues and friends to encourage anyone interested to contact their Legislators about this bill.
The lobby day, held on February 27th in Springfield, was attended by coalition members including our DNA advocate in IL, Angie Hamilton. This offered a wonderful opportunity to educate Legislators and provided free skin cancer screenings to Legislators and their staffs!