Save the Dates! The next Phototherapy Workshops are scheduled for:
February 7, 2015
Philadelphia Downtown Courtyard by Marriott
Registration Open NOW! 
To book a room, call 800-321-2211. Room reservations can also be made online here .
Parking options for this workshop:
• Valet Parking $42 Daily.
• Off-site parking for the Courtyard Marriott, fee: $12 hourly, $35 daily – Parkway Garage at 12th and Filbert Streets (about 2 blocks away from the Courtyard).
• Off-site parking at ABM Parking located at 10 North 13th Street (Outdoor Lot) $30 for 12 hours (about 2 blocks away from the Courtyard).
• Off-site parking at the Philadelphia Convention Center located at 1324 Arch Street (about 1.5 blocks from the Courtyard) $25 for 12 hours.
February 28, 2015
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Registration Open NOW! 
To book a room, call 919-233-2205 and mention block code: G-NDN1 (reservation deadline is February 9).
April 23, 2015
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas, NV
Registration NOW Open! 
Registering by check? Download the paper registration form here . Registrations paid by check need to be mailed to:
Dermatology Nurses' Association
1120 Route 73, Suite 200
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Fax registration forms to 856-439-0525, Attn: DNA registration.
DNA Members: $295
Discount for Members:
Groups of 3-6: $260 per person
Groups of 7-10: $235 per person
Discount for Non-Members:
Groups of 3-6: $330 per person
Groups of 7-10: $305 per person
In a special tribute to Joan Shelk, DNA Past President and the developer of our first workshops, a special phototherapy program has been developed. The Fundamentals of Phototherapy is an intensive one-day training for those administering light therapy under a doctor's supervision. This workshop covers psoriasis and other photo-responsive skin diseases: PUVA, narrow and broad band UVB therapy, equipment operation and metering, and other responsibilities associated with phototherapy administration. Participants who complete this workshop in its entirety will be awarded 7.0 contact hours. If you have any questions about the specifics of the Phototherapy Workshop, please contact the DNA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org  or 1-800-454-4362.
7:00 am - 8:00 am - Registration and Breakfast
8:00 am - 5:00 pm - Workshop (with refreshment breaks and lunch served)
Target Audience: RNs, NPs, LPNs and other healthcare professionals working with phototherapy.
The objectives of this activity:
- Identify photoresponsive skin disorders, and desired outcomes of treatment.
- Describe grades and management of erythema and pruritus.
- Understand how Ultraviolet works. Differentiate Ultraviolet UVB from UVA, and protection against both. Understand differences in protocols for both.
- Recognize differences of internally and externally metered equipment. Identify types of lamps used in phototherapy.
- Describe ways to shield and appropriate shielding during phototherapy. Understanding why to shield during treatment.
- Describe what makes a successful phototherapy unit and some pitfalls. Share experiences and provide time for Q&A.
Disclaimer: Accreditation refers to educational content only and does not imply DNA, ANCC or CBRN endorsement of any product or services.
Dermatology Nurses' Association (DNA) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP5708.