New Nurse Educational Scholarship
Purpose: To encourage DNA associate members to become an LPN/LVN or an RN.
Criteria: The candidate must:
- Be an active DNA associate member.
- Be active in community service
- Write an article for Focus within one year of winning the award.
- Be accepted as a student in a certified nursing program.
Submit: The candidate shall submit:
- Letters of recommendation from nursing professionals, education faculty and/or employers.
- Documentation of acceptance and/or attendance at a certified nursing program.
A detailed letter stating:
a) Professional goals.
b) Course of study proposed.
c) Time frame for completion of study.
d) Funds necessary to meet educational needs.
e) Statement of need.
f) Their most important achievement as a nursing student or describe their inspiration to pursue the study of (dermatology) nursing.
- Documentation of involvement with DNA in the past 2 years.
- A completed application.
Award: The recipient will be awarded a $2,000 educational scholarship to assist in the pursuit of a nursing degree.