Dermatology Nurse in Washington Internship Grant
Purpose: To provide funds enabling a DNA member to participate in the Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program.
Criteria: The candidate must:
- Be an active DNA member for at least 2 years prior to application.
- Be employed in the specialty of dermatology nursing.
- Be experienced in legislative activities and demonstrate an ability to utilize the experience to advance the goals of the DNA.
- Be willing to join the legislative committee for one year.
- Have or be pursuing a degree in nursing.
Submit: The candidate shall submit:
- A completed application.
- A letter of recommendation from a current member of the DNA.
- Professional letters of recommendation which include references to the applicant's commitment to dermatology nursing and the DNA.
- A letter written by the applicant stating their professional goals, any educational activities they are presently pursuing, and a willingness to become part of the legislative committee for at least one year after completing NIWI.
Award: The recipient will receive a $2,500 grant to cover the costs associated with attending the NIWI program.