The Nurse Practitioner Society of the DNA is a component of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association comprised of nurse practitioners practicing in the dermatology specialty.
Promote excellence in dermatologic care by providing education, networking and support for nurse practitioners in dermatology.
Goal 1 – Education
The Nurse Practitioner Society of the DNA will develop, provide and support educational offerings to increase the competency of NPs caring for the dermatologic patient. Objectives:
- Develop a Core Body of Knowledge for NPs in dermatology.
- Develop the Standards and Scope of Practice for NPs in Dermatology.
- Provide CE activities at the annual convention and other venues.
Goal 2 – Image
Members of the Nurse Practitioner Society of the DNA will be recognized and respected as mid level providers with an expertise in dermatology. Objectives:
- Increase the visibility of NPs in dermatology to other NPs, PAs, physicians, industry and the public.
- Create new partnerships, coalitions and alliances with national NP associations, and other organizations when appropriate.
- Develop a certification exam through the Dermatology Nursing Certification Board (DNCB) in collaboration with the Center for Nursing Education and Testing (C-NET).
Goal 3 – Membership
The Nurse Practitioner Society of the DNA will be a community of nurse practitioners caring for the dermatologic patient. Objectives:
- Increase membership through marketing the Society.
- Promote the benefits of membership.
- Provide methods for members to network throughout the year.
The Executive Committee of the Nurse Practitioner Society of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association has adopted an official opinion statement regarding practice for Nurse Practitioners in Dermatology. The Executive Committee recommends that Nurse Practitioners working in the specialty of dermatology practice in collaboration with a physician, board eligible or board certified, in dermatology. (2009)
NP Society Mailing List Rental
The NP Society of the DNA makes its mailing list available for rental to companies. Certain qualifications and restrictions apply. Contact the DNA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.