Purpose and Objectives
Understand, support and uphold the philosophy, purpose, objectives, bylaws, policies and procedures of the Dermatology Nurses' Association. To orient to the position of President.
Requirements and Selection
A. Nurse member of DNA; DNC or DCNP preferred.
B. Demonstrate qualities of professionalism and commitment to furthering the mission of DNA.
C. Ability to meet deadlines.
D. Elected by the membership each year.
E. Must have served on the Board of Directors (presently or in the past) as a
requirement to run for this position
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Serves as DNA President elect and as an active member of the Board of Directors.
B. Serves on committees and task forces as assigned.
C. Develop appointments for chairpersons of committees, special
committees, task forces, Annual Program Chairperson and Core Curriculum Chairpersons for DNA for their year in office as the President.
- Requests Board approval of the Annual Program Chairperson and Annual Convention theme by the Spring Board of Directors meeting.
- Requests Board approval of all other appointments by the Fall Board of Directors meeting.
D. Develop and prepare goals for the year as president based upon the strategic plan and the current activities of DNA.
E. Establish contact with members of the management team, learning the roles and responsibilities of each and their relationship to DNA.
F. To attend meetings:
- All Board of Directors Meetings.
- National Convention
- National Federation for Specialty Nursing Organizations' Meetings. (If applicable)
- Nurse in Washington Internship. (If applicable)
- Own local chapter meetings. (If applicable)
- Other representative travel as determined necessary by the President to meet or further the goals of the Dermatology Nurses' Association.
G. Orient to the position of the President.
- Reviews all orientation materials
- Receives copies of all pertinent written correspondence.
- Discusses major issues with the President.
H. Serves as a liaison between assigned committees and the Board of Directors, as assigned.
I. Contributes articles to the FOCUS newsletter as requested.
J. Past Presidents of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association (DNA) will be ineligible to seek nomination and election by the general membership to the Board of Directors once they have served as President of the Association.
K. Past Presidents may be called upon by the current President to serve in an
interim capacity if a vacancy occurs on the Board of Directors.
L. Past Presidents will be responsible for contributing to the whole good of the Association, such as identifying new leaders, mentoring, lecturing, contributing articles to current DNA publications, and serving on Committees and Task Forces
M. Serves on Finance Committee in President-elect year to become acclimated to DNA’s finances.