Mission Statement/Core Purpose:
The Dermatology Nurses’ Association is a professional nursing organization comprised of a diverse group of individuals committed to quality care through sharing knowledge and expertise. The core purpose of the DNA is to promote excellence in dermatologic care.
In 1978, an informal meeting was held to discuss concerns and questions and to seek avenues for further education for dermatologic nursing. This meeting lead to increased attendance the next year and finally to the first educational program in 1980. In 1981 nurses from all areas of dermatologic practice met to explore the possibility of forming a professional association of nurses working in the dermatology field. The first official annual convention  of DNA was held in 1982. In 1983 the first elected slate of officers was installed. The DNA has grown to over 3,000 members with 19 local chapters . The first issue of DNA’s first journal, Dermatology Nursing, was published in 1989. The newsletter, DNA Focus, a highly informative quarterly publication has continued to develop in response to the members’ needs. The NP Society of the DNA was established in 2005-06 to meet the needs of DNA's growing NP membership. In 2009, DNA launched a new official journal, the Journal of the Dermatology Nurses' Association (JDNA) .
- 3,000+ RNs, NPs, LPN/LVNs, Medical Assistants, Other Associate Members
- Breakdown – 50% Nurses, 22% Nurse Practitioners, 20% Medical Assistants, 8% Other
- Categories – NP Society Member, Nurse Member, Associate Member, Student Member, Senior Member, Honorary, Lifetime, Corporate
- Educational Programs – National and Local
- Online CE opportunities 
- Communication and Networking with Peers - at convention and via the online DNA Community 
- Weekly e-Newsletter delivered to your inbox, DNA MultiBrief 
- Quarterly Newsletter, DNA Focus 
- Bi-Monthly journal , the Journal of the Dermatology Nurses' Association (JDNA)
- Scope and Standards of Practice (NP)
- Scope and Standards of Practice (RN)
- Publication: Dermatology Nursing Essentials: A Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition (2003) - in DNA Store 
- Scholarships, Grants, and Awards via DNA's Recognition Program 
- Dermatology Nursing Certification  (administered by DNCB)
- Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification  (administered by DNCB)
- Continuing Education Provider Accreditation through ANCC
- Enrollment in a local DNA Chapter 
Governance and Organizational Structure:
- Board of Directors  consists of eight members: President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President, Treasurer, Secretary, and 3 Directors.
- Bylaws 
- Committees 
- Election of Officers 
- Strategic Plan, 2009-2011 
Marketing Opportunities For:
- Corporate Membership
- Corporate Member Listings and Links
- DNA Website
- Annual Convention Exhibit Opportunities
- Program Sponsorship Opportunities (CE and Social)
- Advertising Opportunities in the Program Book / Registration Stuffer
- Direct Mail of Convention Attendees
- Mailing List of DNA Members
- Journal of the Dermatology Nurses Association Advertising Opportunities
- CE Article / Journal Supplements Sponsorships
Companies are invited to join DNA as a Corporate Member  for an annual contribution of $3,000. Benefits include recognition in the DNA FOCUS newsletter, Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association and on DNA’s website. Corporate members receive recognition at the Corporate Members Luncheon held in conjunction with the Annual Convention and also receive recognition in the Convention Program Book.
- Exhibits are open over the course of three days.
- Additional Workshops held in conjunction with the Annual Convention include Phototherapy Workshop, Dermatology Nursing Basics Course, Dermatologic Surgery Core Curriculum, Nurse Practitioner Forum, Cosmetic Dermatology Workshop, Certification Review Course, Wound Care Workshop, and Skin Cancer Workshop.
- 1,000 attendees are expected.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for educational programs.
- Visit the Events  page to view upcoming dates and locations.
DNA’s website offers membership services, online educational activities, convention registration information and much more.
Mailing List Rental:
DNA makes its mailing list available for rental to companies. Certain qualifications and restrictions apply. You may select from the entire DNA mailing list or the NP Society mailing list only.
DNA Contact Information
Director of Membership & Administrative Services
Julianna King Williams
Meeting and Exhibit Manager
BreAnne Clark, CMP
Meeting Coordinator (Registration)
Director of Education
Dorothy Caputo, MA, APRN, BC-ADM, CDE
Lauren Gaynor, Associate Communication Manager