The Dermatology Nurses’ Association along with the Children’s Melanoma Foundation wants to make sure you are “SunAWARE“:
- Avoid unprotected exposure to sunlight, seek shade, and never indoor tan.
- Wear sun protective clothing, including a long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses year-round.
- Apply recommended amounts of broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) >30 to all exposed skin and reapply every two hours, or as needed.
- Routinely examine your whole body for changes in your skin and report concerns to a parent or healthcare provider.
- Educate your family and community about the need to be SunAWARE.
The SunAWARE PDF shown above may be downloaded and used in your patient educational efforts and posted in your place of business.
Educational Web Sites
Visit these Web sites for more information about sun protection.