Purpose: To recognize a DNA member who has provided outstanding community service through public education in connection with the care of the skin, disorders of the skin, or the effects of chronic sun exposure.
Criteria: The candidate must:
- Be a member of the DNA.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in dermatology nursing.
Submit: The candidate shall submit:
- An endorsement letter by a DNA member which contains information about the community service extended and reasons for endorsement.
- Letters of support from peers/co-workers, employers, organizations and/or agencies, with documentation of community service. (This should include particular information regarding the candidate’s personal attributes, initiative, interpersonal relationships, and professional development.)
- Documentation of non-dermatology community service (define).
- Copies of publications in community newsletter, newspaper, etc.
- Information about DNA involvement of any type in the past 2 years.
- A completed application.
Award: The recipient will receive a $1,000 award.