Jonel Gomez, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC, GNP-BC
Program Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of...
1. Know who your legislators are – State Senator, State Representative(s), Members of Congress –- meet them and be in contact with them often on issues that you care about.
2. Legislators like to hear from (and listen more to) the people in their own Districts.
3. Know about your issue and have a persuasive message with an effective and achievable solution to the issue. Be polite and non-argumentative as you discuss your position. Keep it brief.
4. Make the "ask." Don't forget to ask for something. After you present the issue, clearly define what it is you want them to do.
5. Follow up. The difference between a good meeting and a good outcome is the "follow up."
For more information, read: